Saturday 4 January 2014

T-shirts and Legos



Our T-shirt fundraiser has closed now. We are glad to announce that we were able to raise $132 through that fundraiser. Thanks to all who participated, and purchased shirts. That money, along with more to come, will be used to bring our child (or children) home, and for that we thank you. God is good, and I have often found that when I have no idea what to do, that is when God shows me something spectacular.

The Friday night before Christmas, Bethany and I were on our way home, and decided to make a unplanned stop in Kmart. We went in, and as we wandered through the store, we came to the clearance isle. I came across several sets of legos that were marked 70% off. Legos are never on sale! This was amazing! I showed them to Bethany. Being the smart girl that she is, she reminded me to check their going rate on Ebay, just to make sure. I did, and found that this were about half of what they were selling on Ebay. We purchased several sets, and put them on Ebay two days after Christmas. After all, who doesn't want to buy legos with their christmas money, right? The bidding ended, and I am happy to say that we made more than 100% profit on the venture. We spent about $70 on the legos, and we gained $106.59. We are now $238.59 closer to our goal! God is good, and shows us even small ways to finance our adoption.

God Bless,
Abe Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment