Friday 8 July 2016

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11



It is a humbling thing to remember that the God of the universe knows our future, and has literally made plans for our benefit. Since May, when we returned from our trip one, life has been a strange mix of anxious waiting and odd normality. Its like sometimes all we could think about is when will the call come, and at other times life seems as though we weren't in any sort of process at all. I've often related it to waiting for the green light, knowing that when the light turns green, you have to go. You never know when it will happen, but you believe that it will...eventually. 

Well, hello Mr. Green Light, don't you look bright and cheery! Today was that day. It's funny, today I was listening to the song "Orphan" by John Waller, and I could almost feel his arms around me again. Then, a few hours later, we got the call. We have our court date! We will be represented in court on July 26th(8 days after my birthday), and by God's grace we will be travelling 4-6 weeks after that. 


Praise the LORD! God is so good, and while we know that this nearly 3 year process is coming to an end, our journey with Ian will only just be beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment